- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 8
Apricot, Chocolate & Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars
- 75g Whitworths dried apricots, chopped
- 150g oats
- 50g quinoa
- 10g chia seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or ginger
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g nut butter of choice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Place the oats, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots and cinnamon or ginger in a bowl. Lightly toast the quinoa and chia seeds in a nonstick pan for a few minutes then add to the bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Pour into the bowl along with the chopped chocolate and mix well until combined.
- Tip into the tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into pieces and leave to cool in the tin completely.
- Drizzle with a little melted dark chocolate - then enjoy!
Recipe creation: Pamela Higgins