- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Makes 4
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Roasted Almond Soup
- 120g Whitworths Californian Almonds
- 40g Whitworths Pumpkin Seeds
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1tbsp Chipotle Paste
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 750g Sweet Potato, Peeled and Cut into 1cm cubes
- 800ml Alpro Unsweetened Almond Drink
- 100ml Plain Dairy Free Yoghurt
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry until soft. Add the garlic and chipotle paste and cook for a further minute.
- To the pan, add the sweet potato and stir. Cover with 600ml boiling water and add the stock cube. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place the almonds in a frying pan. Toast on a high heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add 80g of the toasted almonds into the soup mixture along with the Alpro Unsweetened Almond Drink. Leave to simmer for another 15 minutes. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Sieve to remove any almond skins.
- To serve, top each portion with dairy free yoghurt and scatter with the toasted Whitworths Californian almonds and Whitworths Pumpkin seeds.