- 15 mins
- 30-35 mins
- Makes 12
Date Crumble Slice
- 150g Whitworths Blocked Sayer Dates
- 125ml cold water
- 150g plain flour
- 100g rolled porridge oats
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease and line the baseof a 20cm square brownie tin.
- Break the block of dates up into pieces then place into a pan with the water. Cook over a low heat for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oats and sugar together and then rub in the butter to make a crumbly texture. Spoon half the mix over the base of the tin then press down firmly.
- Spread the softened dates out evenly over the top of the pressed base, then top with the remaining oat mix pressing down lightly whilst retaining a crumbly top.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave in the tin until completely cooled then cut into 12 slices, serve and enjoy!