- 30 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Makes 10
Granola Biscuit Slices
- 150g Whitworths Pumpkin Seeds
- 150g Whitworths Chopped Sayer Dates
- 50g Whitworths Chopped Apricots
- 120ml Agave Nectar
- 100ml Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 120g Rolled Oats
- 80g Porridge Oats
- 100g Spelt Flour
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 100ml Water
- 200g Dark Chocolate
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C Fan/ 200°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- In a saucepan, heat the agave nectar and Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil on a medium temperature until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the rolled oats, porridge oats, spelt flour, pumpkin seeds and orange zest and stir until the dry ingredients are fully coated in the oil and syrup mix.
- In a saucepan, combine the chopped dates, chopped apricots, cocoa powder, orange juice and water and cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until it cooks down into a thick paste.
- Press half of the granola mix into the lined baking tin and then spread the fruit mix over the base.
- Cover the fruit mix with the remaining granola mix and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the granola slices are cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the top.
- Remove from tray, cut into slices and serve.