- 30 mins
- 10-13 mins
- Makes 10
Raisin & Choc Chip Scones
- 100g Whitworths Raisins
- 450g self raising flour
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 70g caster sugar
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 medium eggs
- 130ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- To serve:
- chocolate spread
- creme fraiche or squirty cream
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6, then line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Rub the flour and butter together, then stir in the other dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients in to form a soft dough, try to handle the dough as little as possible to keep the scones crumbly and light!
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough out to 3cm thick, then using a pastry cutter cut out your scones then place onto the lined baking sheets.
- Brush the top with milk then bake in your preheated oven for 10-13 minutes, until golden on the top.
- Once cooled split them open, spread with chocolate spread then a dollop of creme fraiche or squirty cream - serve and enjoy!