- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- Makes 2
Turkish Eggs with Seed & Chickpea Dukka
- 2 tbsp. Whitworths Four Seed Mix
- 3 tbsp. Cooked Chickpeas (we used tinned)
- 3 Sprays of Low Calorie Spray
- 1 tbsp. Ras al Hanout (can be substituted for curry powder)
- 300g of Syn Free Zero Fat Greek Yogurt
- 10g Fresh Dill
- 10g Fresh Parsley
- 10g Fresh Mint
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce (We used Cholula Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt and Cracked Black pepper
- 4 Fresh Eggs
- 1 tsp. Harissa Paste
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- To make the Dukka, preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F, Gas Mark 3) and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Add the chickpeas and spray them with low calorie spray. Coat evenly with Ras al Hanout and bake for 30 minutes. Add Whitworths Four Seed mix to the chickpeas for the final 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt with the fresh dill, parsley and mint. Add a few dashes of hot sauce, the garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan bring some water to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Crack an egg in a bowl, whirl the water with a spoon and carefully bring the egg to the boiling water and slide into the centre of the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
- To serve:
Add 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture to a bowl, carefully place your poached eggs on top, add another tablespoon of the yogurt mixture, drizzle over half a teaspoon of harissa paste and sprinkle with the Chickpea Dukka.