- 30g Whitworths Crystallised Fiery Ginger, finely sliced
- 80g Whitworths Chopped Nuts
- 100g Whitworths Dates, chopped
- 50g Whitworths sunflower seeds
- 160g mix of jumbo and normal sized oats
- 60g coconut oil
- 60ml maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 160°C fan and line a medium baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large pan add the coconut oil and the maple syrup, heat gently until the coconut oil is melted.
- Remove from heat then stir in the oats, chopped nuts, sunflower seeds, salt (optional), vanilla extract, ground ginger and cinnamon and stir until smooth.
- Tip the granola into the centre of the lined baking tray and spread the mix evenly across the tray – keep it about 2cm thick.
- Place into the centre of the oven and bake at 160°C fan for 20 minutes. Once baked, leave to cool and crisp on the tray.
- Once the granola is cool stir though the dates and crystallised fiery ginger.
- Store in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 weeks.
Created by Healthy Twist.