Apricot & Ginger Florentines
- 80g Whitworths Golden Apricots, finely chopped
- 80g Whitworths flaked almonds
- 50g Whitworths Crystalised Fiery Ginger, finely diced
- 25g coconut flakes, broken into small pieces
- 45g dairy free butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g plain flour – gluten free if needed
- 60g dark brown sugar
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C Fan.
Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and maple syrup into a saucepan and heat on a medium heat until the butter has melted, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Take off the heat and add the flour, apricots, ginger, flaked almonds and coconut flakes. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Scoop a small amount into the palm of your hand and shape into a rough ball. Place this on the lined baking trays ensuring there is space between each. Flatten each Florentine to a maximum of 2cm in thickness.
- Place in the oven onto the middle shelf and bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges and the Florentines are making a sizzling sound. Remove from the oven and leave to completely cool on the tray.
- When the Florentines have cooled, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water - making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until it has all melted.
- Cover the cooling rack in baking paper. Carefully dip the underside of each Florentine into the chocolate and place it on the baking paper.
- Leave to cool and set, then repeat for a double delicious layer of dark chocolate. Leave so the chocolate sets completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 5 days.
Created by Healthy Twist.