- 15 mins
- 30-35 mins
- Makes 12
Quick Bakewell Slices
- 50g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- 150g plain flour
- 25g rolled porridge oats
- 100g light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- 125g salted butter, softened
- 200g raspberry jam
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease a 20cm square brownie tinwith baking parchment.
- In a bowl mix the flaked almonds, flour, oats, sugar and almond essence.
- Add the butter then rub together to form a crumbly texture.
- Spoon half the mix into the base of the lined tin then press down firmly.
- Gently heat the jam in the microwave (or saucepan), until it becomes runny then pour over the mix in the tin.
- Add the remaining mix then press down lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin then turn out and cut into 12 squares.
- Store in an airtight container.