- 45 minutes
- Makes 9
Mince Pie Brownies
- Mincemeat Recipe
- 100g Whitworths Chilean Flame Raisins
- 100g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 100g Whitworths Mixed Fruit
- 50g Whitworths Juicy Mini Currants
- 50g Whitworths Chopped Dates
- 50g Whitworths Whole Cranberries
- 1 lemon, boiled
- 100g vegetable suet
- 50g dark soft brown sugar
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 50ml sherry
- 50ml brandy
- Mince Pie Brownie
- 75g Whitworths ground almonds
- 130ml plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 80g yoghurt – oat, coconut, or natural
- 80g plain flour or gluten free plain flour
- 45g cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 125g light soft brown sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate 72% +, roughly chopped
- 200g mincemeat
- 60g plant-based butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Good pinch of salt
- NOTE – if using gluten free flour add ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum powder
Ready… Steady… Bake…
1. Place a whole lemon in a pan, pour over boiling water until ¾s of the lemon is covered and then simmer for 1 hour. Drain and set to one-side to cool.
2. Meanwhile measure out the remaining ingredients.
3. Slice the lemon in half and remove the seeds. Place the dates into the food processor and add the lemon - blitz until it becomes a rough paste.
4. Now add all the fruit, grated apple, suet, spices and liquid to the food processer and pulse to a rough paste.
5. Spoon into a clean jar and screw on the lid.
Store up to 3 months.
- Mince Pie Brownies
1. Line a 20cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
3. Pour the plant-based milk into a bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, stir and set to one-side. The milk will start to curdle.
4. Sieve the flour and cacao powder into a bowl, add the ground almonds, baking powder and xanthan gum if you are using gluten free flour.
5. In a medium pan, add the butter and chocolate and start to melt over a low heat, add the sugars and stir together until the chocolate and butter is melted and combined with the sugar.
6. Now add the yoghurt and vanilla extract - stir through. Pour in the plant-based milk and stir to combine.
7. Now add the dry ingredients and a good pinch of salt, before combining into the mix.
8. Finally fold in the mincemeat until evenly stirred through.
9. Spoon into the lined brownie tin, making sure the mix is even on the surface.
10. Place in the oven on a middle shelf and bake for 25 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool completely.
12. Ideally remove the brownies from the tin and wrap in foil or baking paper and leave overnight. Slice and serve.
Created by Healthy Twist