The Good Bite x Whitworths: Toffee & Pecan Oat Bars
These toffee and pecan granola bars are the perfect sweet bite for the whole family to enjoy! This delicious recipe was kindly created by The Good Bite.
- 3 cups/220g of Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup/50g of Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup/80ml of Maple Syrup
- 4 sticks of Whitworths Toffee & Pecan SHOTS
- 50g Chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / 160°C fan and line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add one cup of oats to a blender or food processor and blend into a fine powder. Add two cups whole oats to a bowl along with the blended oats, cinnamon and baking soda. Fold with a spatula until combined.
- Heat your coconut oil in the microwave until melted then add this to your dry ingredients along with the maple syrup. Mix with a spatula until fully combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to your lined baking tin and spread it out evenly. Add your toffee & pecan shots on top and press the mixture down firmly with your spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes then carefully remove and slice into 9 squares with a sharp knife.
- Heat your chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Dip the edges of your granola bars in the chocolate, place them in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate has set.