Gluten Free Crunchy Granola and Oaty Banana Pancakes
- 35g Whitworths Pumpkin Seeds
- 35g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries
- 50g Mornflake Gluten Free Jumbo Oats
- 100g Mornflake Gluten Free Superfast Oats
- 20g Agave Nectar
- 1 tbsp. Sunflower or Rapeseed Oil
- 4 tbsp. Water
- 1 Large banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp. Gluten Free Baking Powder
- Natural yogurt, Fresh Fruit and Maple Syrup to Serve.
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- To make the oaty granola topping, pre-heat oven to 180°C Fan/ 200°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine the Whitworths Pumpkin Seeds, Mornflake Gluten Free Jumbo Oats, agave nectar and oil in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries.
- Spread back out over the tray and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown, taking care not to burn the cranberries.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To prepare the pancakes, combine the Mornflake Gluten Free Superfast Oats with the water in a microwaveable container; cover, and heat in a microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Add the banana and mix in the egg into the oats. Add in the baking powder and blend together until smooth using a hand blender to create a thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in thick bottomed frying pan and pour in the batter, about 2-3 tbsp. of batter per pancake.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides until golden, ensuring they are cooked through.
- Assemble the pancakes in a stack and serve with natural yogurt and fresh fruit. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with the oaty granola for a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack!
- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 8