Halloumi Walnut & Apricot Salad
- For the salad...
- 100g Whitworths Californian Walnuts
- 80g Whitworths Chopped Apricots
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- For the skewer...
- 225g (one block) halloumi, cut into 12 large chunks
- 8 cubes watermelon
- 3 spring onions, cut into quarter lengths
- For the dressing...
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls, then scatter with the walnuts and apricots.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a bowl then whisk thoroughly.
- Divide the skewer ingredients between 4 BBQ skewers.
- Brush the dressing over the skewers then place on a hot BBQ, turning every few minutes until the halloumi softens and browns and the watermelon and spring onion start to char (if the weather isn’t quite upto BBQing you can always fry, griddle or under the grill!)
- Whilst the skewers are cooking, drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- When the skewers are ready simply slide one over the top of each of the salad bowls.
- Tastes amazing in a warm flatbread or wrap for a delicious alternative.