Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
15 mins PLUS 8-12 hours soaking
- 100g Great Scot Vegetable Broth Mix, soaked and drained
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and quartered
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock, hot
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C), Gas Mark 6.
- Bake the peppers and tomatoes on a baking tray in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the vegetable broth mix for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked peppers, tomatoes, soaked and drained broth mix, stock and 2 teaspoons of the paprika.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the broth mix has softened.
- Blend with a hand blender or liquidiser until no large pieces remain.
- Season to taste before serving then top with a spoonful of crème fraîche and a sprinkle of the remaining paprika.