Toasted Pumpkin Seed Courgette Soup
- For the Toasted Seeds : 50g Whitworths Seeds plus extra for garnish
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Vegetable Oil
- For the Soup: 4tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Large Onions - Diced into large chunks
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
- 3 Large Courgettes - Cut into large chunks
- 1 Large Potato - Diced
- 1 Stock Cube
- 50ml Double Cream, plus extra for garnish
- Chilli Oil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220C/ fan200C/ gas 7
- Mix the seeds ingredients together on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 2 minutes or until crispy and toasted.
- Fry the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients except the cream and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and the reduce the heat to simmer.
- After 30-35 minutes or once all the ingredients are soft, remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
- Garnish the soup with the seeds and chilli oil.